Net command allows users or administrators to configure services and settings on the computer. It has many sub commands, each of these can be used for configuring one specific feature on the computer.
Net user command:
We can do the following operations using this command.
- Add new user accounts
- Delete existing user accounts
- Change password for users
- Disable(Lock) or enable user account.
You can find a detailed article on this command here: Net user command
Net use command
We can perform the following operations using ‘net user’ command.
- Map network share to a drive
- Disconnect mapped drives
- List mapped drives/shares
Detailed article on ‘net use’ command can be found here: Net use command.
Net Share command:
Below are the operations that can be done using net share command.
- Create a share that can be accessed by users working on other computers
- Configure permissions for shared folders
- Delete/disable shares on the local system.
Detailed article on ‘net share’ command syntax can be found here: Net share command.
Net Accounts command:
Some of the operations that can be done using net accounts command.
- Set password expiry time
- Set remembered passwords history length.
- Set password minimum length
For more details on this, check the article here: net accounts command
Net Start/Stop commands.
We can control services from command line using net start/stop commands. See the article Start/Stop services from windows command prompt.